The Project AWARE Specialty
The underwater world needs heroes. You can be one of them by championing the cause of the world's most fragile and important aquatic ecosystem. The Fun Part You can make a difference. Learn about some of the most pressing problems facing these vulnerable environments and everyday actions you can help conserve them. You'll know more about all aquatic ecosystems and you'll have the information to help protect them.
What You Learn
Project AWARE Foundation is the scuba diving industry’s leading nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to conserving the aquatic environment through education, advocacy and action. Besides completing the Project AWARE Specialty course, you can become a partner in the efforts to preserve the underwater environment.
You learn about:
- Aquatic processes shared by fresh and saltwater systems
- The ocean commons and coastal zone issues
- Fisheries challenges and sustainability
- Coral environment overview and inhabitants
- The role of the scuba diver in protecting aquatic environments
Visit Project AWARE Foundation to download your copy today. Otherwise, your learning materials and equipment are available by contacting ScubaStop
Your Next Adventure
If you are interested in becoming an underwater conservationist, you’ll also enjoy these specialty courses:
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Underwater Naturalist
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Underwater Videographer
For more information about this or other PADI courses have a chat with one of the ScubaStop team members.